Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

Prawns masala

Prawns are my all time favourite.Every time I go home from college for a vaccation/holiday, I call up my mom the previous day and arrange my menu for the next day, which consists of only prawns, sometimes 3 times a day.My dad keeps dictating "too much of prawns are not good" still he gets me huge amount of prawns from the fishing harbour every time and my mom spends her time cleaning it.

Also when I return to hostel, I carry a bottle of prawns pickle with me,which would last for just 2-3 days...:-(.

This is one of the simplest recipie of prawns and you can have this solely with rice without any other gravies/curries.


Ingredients

Prawns-1 cup cooked prawns

Cook prawns with 2 split green chillies, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and salt.

Onions-3
Tomatoes-2
Green chillies-1
Ginger garlic paste -1tbsp (ginger small piece and garlic-4 cloves)
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
Few curry leaves
Salt to taste



Directions

Heat a pan, add oil, chopped onions and fry till it becomes light brown, add curry leaves,ginger garlic paste, tomatoes and saute till it is cooked.Then add chilly powder,turmeric powder,pepper powder, and saute for 2-3 minutes.

Add cooked prawns along with its stock.Mix well.Check for salt and add accordingly.

Keep frying until it becomes semi dry and is coated well in the masala.Garnish with corrainder leaves.Serve hot with rice.








No comments:

Post a Comment