Pages

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Badhusha

This is one of my favourite snacks. Everytime I reach my appartment from office my bus stops in front of adayar krishna sweets and I can never ignore the smell of ghee coming out from there.Poor me..my office was also situated opposite another branch of krishna sweets in Vadapalani.Even though I control my taste buds when I start from office, by the time I reach adayar my mind says indulging once in a while is fine...Then I figured out this recipie.

So you too indulge once in a while no harm...:-).

Ingredients

Maida-1 1/2 cups
Sugar-1/2 tsp
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Curd-1 1/2 tsp
Water-1/4 cup
Butter-1/4 cup
Oil-1/8 cup
For deep frying-oil



For sugar syrup

Sugar-1/2 cup
Water to immerse sugar
Lemon juice-1/2 tsp
Elachi-1/2 tsp powdered
Saffron-pinch



Directions 
Add sugar,curd,oil and baking powder to melted butter and use a whisk to mix well,to make it almost frothy.



Add the flour to it and knead into a smooth dough with water.


Make lemon size balls,flatten a bit, pull out the sides and fold inwards to get a design on the outer side of badhusha.


Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan to a very temperature, but take care that it does not smoke.Remove from flame and put the badhusha one by one in it and allow it to get cooked.


Once all the badhusha pops up to the surface, place the pan back on the stove and simmer for 5-10 mins until all the sides have turned golden brown evenly.


Drain them of oil and place them on a paper towel and then put them in to the hot syrup one by one and let it stay for a minute and remove to a serving dish.



Preparation of sugar syrup


Immerse sugar in water and keep stirring till we get a thread consistency.
Add lemon juice, elachi and saffron.

No comments:

Post a Comment